If you missed the Australian Cannabis Summit held last week, you’re in luck – you can catch up with much of what went on at your leisure.
The Summit is an online event featuring a number of experts from Australia and around the world. The event, first launched in 2019 to help Australians access the latest information on cannabis, was awarded Event of the Year in this year’s Cannabis Industry Awards.
While this year’s Australian Cannabis Summit was held last Friday and Saturday, replays of various talks and discussions are available online if you weren’t able to “virtually” attend. There’s no cost involved to view these, but you will need to register.
This year’s Australian Cannabis Summit speakers included local and international doctors, researchers, scientists, pharmacists, patients, advocates and supporters. Among the speakers and sessions:
- The Entourage Effect – Dr Gull Herzberg BSc (Hons), MBBS (USyd), FRACGP; Southern Cross Medical Specialists.
- Epilepsy and the Use of Cannabinoids in Children – Dr Bonnie Goldstein; Medical Director, Canna-Centers Wellness and Education.
- Medical Cannabis in Practice: Introducing Vapourization – Dr Mark A. Ware MBBS MRCP(UK) MSc; Chief Medical Officer, Spectrum Therapeutics, Canopy Growth Corporation.
- Medical Cannabis for Anxiety Depression and Insomnia – Dr Imran Khan; Founding Board Member, Australian & New Zealand College of Cannabinoid Practitioners.
- The Importance of CBD in Treatment: Dr John Teh; Medical Director, PlantMed.
- Australian Medical Cannabis Industry Statistics: Juno Wilson; Principal Consultant, FreshLeaf Analytics.
- The Powers of Hemp: Chloe Jean Teh; Director, PlantMed.
- Lessons Learnt in 30 Years of Cannabis Prescribing: Dr Jeffrey Hergenrather; Founding Member & Past-President, Society of Cannabis Clinicians.
- Genetics and Breeding of Medical Cannabis: Emily Rigby; Cannabis Industry and Cultivation Consultant.
- The ECS (Endocannabinoid System) Explained: Dr Carrie Newbold; Director of Clinical Operations, CANNect Group, PRM Inc.
.. and many more, including panel discussions and Q&A’s. The full speaker/topic list can be found here and if you’re really keen, you can also watch replays from ACS 2019 and 2020.
This year’s Australian Cannabis Summit was supported by many industry participants, including AusCann, Bod Pharmaceuticals, ANTG, Althea and Cannatrek.
It’s great to see interest building in Australia and being supported with up-to-date information made publicly accessible at no cost.